Every person accessing our website should have equal access to information and services, regardless of their abilities.
What are we doing?
To help make our website user-friendly for everyone, we are following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities and user friendly for everyone.
How are we doing?
We’re making good progress in achieving our goal of Level AA accessibility. However, we are not there yet.
Some of the important steps we have taken to make our website accessible include:
- Using code compliant with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards for HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). The change to this CSS-driven layout and formatting makes this site more accessible to most web browsers and to specialised browsing environments used by people with visual or physical disabilities
- The visual presentation of the site adjusts itself dynamically, depending on the device or browser you are using, to provide an optimised visual display for each device (especially mobile and small screen devices).
Our website does include many documents in both PDF and Word that are not accessible for everyone. Over time, we will be working to replace these documents (wherever possible) by either producing the content in HTML or creating accessible documents.
In the meantime, if you are having any difficulties please email email@example.com or call 03 9563 4138.
People visiting our website can select larger font, at the top right hand corner of the page.
People visiting our website can select a different colour contrast, at the top right hand corner of the page.
Older browsers like Internet Explorer 7 and 8 weren’t built to fully support the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) that our website uses. Consequently, our site’s presentation on older browsers may not be as good as on current browsers. However, all content should still appear on these older browsers.
Please read more about Access Support in our libraries.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed our website or had trouble with any part on it, please let us know. We’d like to hear from you in the following ways:
- Call us on (03) 9563 4138
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the Help Us Improve form (which is available via a link at the bottom of most pages)